WHAT WE CAN DO
- April 5, 2021: We are sharing a template cover letter to our Emergency Appeal that includes some important, though initial, signatories. Readers can use or adapt the cover letter, or write their own, to send out the Emergency Appeal. It especially needs to get to influential individuals and organizations whose voices cannot be ignored. Download cover letter in Word.
- Endorse and spread this Emergency Appeal. Share your ideas and/or work with the Emergency Campaign to Free Iran’s Political Prisoners to publish this Emergency Appeal to shine a light on this dire situation and amplify the campaign to free ALL Iran’s political prisoners NOW. In the U.S., we are acting in solidarity with the burn_the_cage movement in Europe to free Iran’s political prisoners.
- Speak out and issue messages of support for Iran's political prisoners. Join with AI's call to send appeals urging the immediate and unconditional release of prisoners of conscience who are dual national citizens. Write: Head of Judiciary, Ebrahim Raisi c/o Embassy of Iran to the European Union, Avenue Franklin Roosevelt No 15, 1050 Brussels, Belgium. (Copy Amnesty International at ContactUs@Amnesty.org and our campaign.
- Organize meetings, forums and protests in solidarity with Iran’s political prisoners. Watch and spread or screen the film Nasrin.
- Watch for alerts, updates, and information on the website, the YouTube channel and Twitter feed of the Emergency Campaign to Free Iran’s Political Prisoners.